Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So my sister is a real estate agent

.



Hey, that's not my sister!!!

Heh. I don't have a digital pic of her, yet.

But my sis, successful woman that she is, has invested in a couple of fancy-shmancy condos, something I hope to do in the next few years. They have been delayed forever in final construction but have recently been finished. She is on some kind of contract for these other property managers to lease the places out for her. She called me yesterday and said she feared that due to some screwy circumstances they may not be able to get the sites rented for about a year and wants me to move in and rent one of them from her.

That sounds good and I'm flattered she'd want me to live in one of her condos but, folks, I'm broke these days. I'm not working full time yet (I plan on working two jobs once I finish the dealing class I just registered for at our community college) and won't for at least a couple of months. Even then I don't know if I could afford it.

I'd have to locate a reliable roommate- ugh! That's like finding a girlfriend without the kissing. Such a committment.... And what about when I can't find one? I'd have to come up with the $1300/ month rent myself!!! Sheesh- I hate to disappoint her but I'm not sure I want to do this.

I got a raging cold and all I want to do is sleep and play computer games. But now I have to rouse myself to drive out to this development on the outskirts of town and look at something today I don't even want to move in to.

No comments: