Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas Party with my daughter

I took my beautiful daughter to the company Christmas Party, dubbed Holiday Gala for the politically correct. I still have to retrieve my digital camera from a friend's house so I have no pics.
We arrived a little late. I had forgotten our tickets and almost panicked at the thought of driving all the way home to get my wallet. So we snuck right past the guy taking the tickets as if everything was normal. Heh, worked like a charm. How does the adage go, it is better to ask forgiveness than permission?
They had a sumptious spread. My favorite was the penne pasta in Alfredo sauce, the Prime Rib and eggnog custard. I sat with the same folks I sat with last year. You know, the girl I was going on a semi-date with? Check it out on this link from my first entry, way down at the bottom.

I got to show off my darling daughter. She makes me look good. We had fun gossiping about my different co-workers. Mostly, though, I shared with her my warm feelings towards most of the people I recognized. I realized two things that night. I knew a lot of people, being there for 5 1/2 years, and that I had a lot of positive feelings about most of them.
Another blessed night in the life of the not so lonely man.

No comments: