Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas eve. The day before the big day.
It's my daughter's 16th birthday. Wow, my baby is sixteen.... Hmmm. Life goes on.
I spent a couple hours with my two older boys today. Took them to Baja's Fresh Mex. Jon was bothered by the surrounding noise because of his hearing disorder (Central Auditory Processing disorder), I thought he was sick to his stomach or something when I caught this certain look on his face. The background noise decreased after awhile and he found it more tolerable.
My youngest son is recovering from Strep throat. He asked me to get him a PlayStation 2 controller yesterday. It felt good finding him his coveted game parts at a very cheap price. He gave me a big hug when I brought them to him.
Tonight I go to Midnight Mass, tomorrow morning I go over to Mark's to open presents and have a Christmas breakfast. Then they take off and I plan on hanging out at the house and tooling around on the computer, maybe doctoring my digital pics. Might even publish some to this blog.
I told my family that I wanted a digital camera for Christmas. I bought one for $150 and so far have received $115 for it. That makes me feel great. My landlord and lady bought me a gift. I was surprised. I went out and bought them a bottle of wine.
I got a call from my Irish friend this morning. He wished me a happy birthday, we chatted about our families and Christmas time. I was just sitting in an easy chair pondering life when my cell phone went off and there was his call from Ireland. We may meet up in July during my annual pilgrimage to Wheaton college.

********************************************************************************

The Lord's birth is being celebrated all over the world. Gifts and partying are all fine but the reality of this holiday is the celebration of God becoming man and dwelling among us. That is mind-blowing if you think about it. The infinite entering into the finite world and joining himself with humanity. Wow.
That's it, we are living in a wonderful season where the Mysterious Creator begins to unveil himself and show us more of himself. The Christ child is coming to live with us. He's entering our world. Soon he will come again and introduce us to more of his world as he establishes his kingdom on earth. And it all started in the womb of Mary, he began like all of us did, as one fertilized ovum... and then he grew into a man, and look at what he did, his impact on the world is undeniable... and his impact on the future of the world is growing and growing until he gathers all of mankind and ushers us into eternity.
Merry Christmas, everyone.

No comments: