Monday, August 28, 2006

And then there's Daytime Prayer, too...

.
The law of the Lord is perfect,
it revives the soul.
The rule of the Lord is to be trusted,
it gives wisdom to the simple.

The precepts of the Lord are right,
they gladden the heart.
The command of the Lord is clear,
it gives light to the eyes.

The fear of the Lord is holy,
abiding forever.
The decrees of the Lord are truth
and all of the just.

They are more to be desired than gold,
than the purest of gold,
and sweeter are they than honey,
then honey from the comb.

So in them your servant finds instruction;
great reward is in their keeping.
But who can detect all his error?
From hidden faults acquit me. -Amen!

From presumption restrain your servant
and let it not rule me.
Then shall I be blameless,
clean from grave sin. -Oh, may it be so!

May the spoken words of my mouth,
the thoughts of my heart,
win favor in your sight, O Lord,
my rescuer, my rock!


Psalm Prayer: Father, you weigh what is in our hearts. Free us from oppressors, and , as we wait for your day of judgement, set a firm guard on our thoughts, so that while we return good for evil, we may still praise your kind of justice.

Psalm Prayer: You know our hearts, Lord, but you are slow to anger and merciful in judging. Come, examine your Church, wash her clean of sin and great crowds will surround you with songs of praise.

No comments: