Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Diversity Day- ugh

So here I am at work, sneaking onto the Internet on my break.
I am hiding away in my cubicle because it's Diversity (yuk!) Day. My co-worker, Nan, who is all gung ho over things like this brought in a Japanese kimono top for me to wear. I feel so conspicuous....
I'm kind of shy anyways, in certain situations. But I also abhor political correctness. It rubs me the wrong way. I've never been too deep into my Japanese heritage- a leftover from a childhood growing up in Las Vegas when it wasn't cool to be asian like it is nowadays. A girl even told me I look "cute" in my kimono, argh! Somebody help me. Heh....
So, I'm hiding away in my cubicle. When I'm sitting down the kimono doesn't show so much.

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

"Diversity Day" sounds more like a high school (or even grade school) special day than something you'd have at work! Very odd!

EC Gefroh said...

Aloha Tim:
Just thought I'd check out your blog. Sorry you were put through that humiliation ;-)
My son, who is Japanese would probably feel the same way.

~pen~ said...

poor guy!

shouldn't participation in these things be voluntary?