Thursday, August 31, 2006

speaking about Morning Prayer...

.
Have mercy on me, God, have mercy
for in you my soul has taken refuge.
In the shadow of your wings I take refuge
till the storms of destruction pass by.


Then the virgins shall make merry and dance,
and young men and old as well.
I will turn their mourning into joy,
I will console and gladden them after their sorrows.
I will lavish choice portions upon the priests,
amd my people shall be filled with my blessing, says the Lord.


O God, we ponder your love
within your temple.
Your praise, O God, like your name
reaches to the ends of the earth.


Form the depths of my heart I cry to you; hear me, O Lord.
From the depths of my heart I cry to you; hear me, O Lord.
I will do what you desire,
-hear me, O Lord.
Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
-From the depths of my heart I cry to you; hear me, O Lord.


All powerful and ever-living God,
at morning, noon, and evening we pray:
cast out from our hearts the darkness of sin
and bring us to the light of your truth,
Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

No comments: