Monday, August 28, 2006

Speaking about Morning Prayer...

To my words give ear, O Lord,
give heed to my groaning.
Attend to the sound of my cries,
my King and my God.

It is you whom I invoke, O Lord,
In the morning you hear me;
in the morning I offer you my prayer,
watching and waiting.

But I through the greatness of your love
have access to your house.
I bow down before your holy temple,
filled with awe.

All those you protect shall be glad
and ring out their joy.
You shelter them; in you they rejoice,
those who love your name.

It is you who bless the just man, Lord:
you surround him with favor as with a shield.

Lord, all justice and all goodness come from you; you hate evil and abhor lies. Lead us, your servants, in the path of your justice, so that all who hope in you may rejoice with the Church and in Christ.

No comments: