Friday, September 01, 2006

Fellowship with Mark and Katie...

Mark fell in love with this incredible lady named Katie. Mark and I are very close. For a while, it seemed I was glued to his hip. He is my sponsor/godfather in the church, he is basically my spiritual advisor. He taught me how to pray the Liturgy of the Hours, the importance of Adoring the Lord before the Blessed Sacrament, he used to be my boss, we get together frequently. Now he is in love.
I used to wonder what would happen if he met a girl. I feared that I would feel estranged from him and would grieve losing part of our relationship. I thought that I would feel like a loser.
Far from it. I actually almost like spending time with the two of them together better than just him and I. That's how gracious this wonderful lady, Katie, is. She is very welcoming of my presence, not a hint of resentment over my place in Mark's life. She is always cheerful, always seeks my best and is always glad to see me. She is a woman of grace.


Woman of Grace

So, Mark and Katie and I are meeting Friday nights to go over The Purpose Driven Life. I know, it is a Protestant book and is kind of simplistic, but it does have a lot to offer. We will read a few chapters each week and discuss it at a local restaurant on Friday nights. We used to go out and eat after doing the Stations of the Cross on Friday nights during Lent. We really enjoyed our time together and have been talking about getting together again and now we are doing it. So, there is an added blessing to my blessed life. I get to fellowship weekly with Mark and Katie.

1 comment:

~pen~ said...

you know what, tim? i loved the purpose driven life and have it tagged as one of my all-time favorites. in its simplicity, rick warren really hits home on a lot of issues.

let me know how you like it.