Sunday, October 08, 2006

Uh oh, I've been tagged for another meme- and this time I'm actually gonna do it!

.
I've been tagged twice before on memes, but for some reason or another I wasn't compelled to comply with them. But, tonight, I've had five beers while watching my Chargers beat the Super Bowl Champs and I'm just gonna go for it! I'll blame it on the beer buzz!

Catholic Mom In Hawaii tagged me for the Halloween/All Saints Day meme. So here it goes:

1. If you were invited to a Halloween/ All Saints Day Costume Party, which saint would you dress up as and why? (The Blessed Virgin Mary,the Mother of God, is not an option.)


Okay, uhhh, it would be St. Therese of Liseux!!!

Because I was led by Catholicity's, Bud Macfarlane, years ago to write an intention of my soul to her, and place it in my wallet, which I did before I even knew who she was. In fact, I wasn't even an official Catholic then! Just a neophyte.... So, I had an affinity for her in my heart before I even knew who she really was.

Then, just last week after reading Dawn Eden's post, I started reading St. Terese's Story Of A Soul. Such a profound reading, to read the intimate thoughts of an impassioned saint!

2. Which saint or other person would accompany you to the party?
Err, I really don't know.... Well, maybe St. Joseph, a favorite of mine. The foster father of Jesus and spouse of the Mother of God.


3. What famous quote would help others identify you?
I want to spend my heaven doing good on earth.


4. Describe your costume.
I guess I would be drag- heh! I'd be wearing a tight habit, black and white encircling my fat face, with flowing black robes covering my portly frame.


5. Which movie or film best depicts the life of this saint?
Well, I'm not sure. I saw, Therese, which was quaint and made me cry as I saw a young woman dying but it didn't reveal the spiritual treasures of the blessed saint. So, perhaps there were other depictions that were superior but I have no personal knowledge of them.


6. What is your favorite book written about this saint or that he or she has written?

Already answered that.


So, there you have it. I have an affinity for the wonderful St. Therese of Liseux. A profound saint of our modern times, actually she was also made a Doctor of the Church for her teachings on the "Little Way" of coming to God.

So, I now tag AdoreTeDevote, Happy Catholic, Domenico Bettinelli of Bettnett.com, ukok of Catholic Mum, and Dawn Eden of The Dawn Patrol, who helped start this whole thing!

There, that is the Lonely Man's first meme!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim....St. T wore a brown habit with black veil.

EC Gefroh said...

Hey Tim! Glad you answered! But I can't seem to get the picture of you in a habit out of my head ;-)

Julie D. said...

Ok, let me think ... I'll get it posted in the next day or two. :-)