Wednesday, September 06, 2006

First night of RCIA

.
Well, it wasn't so bad. My fear has left me. It has been replaced with a desire to form the souls of the attendees. I want to shape their prayer lives over the next few months. I am seeing a long term plan here coming together. I want them to leave this class with a well-developed prayer life.

I googled some material on prayer this afternoon and promptly forgot it at the printer here at the Internet cafe I inhabit. Doh! So, I had to wing it. Next week I will have handouts for everyone. Heh.

One problem, there are only about 20 attendees! I am so disappointed! We had 50-75 each of the last two years. I guess we didn't make the announcements at the right time. *sigh* Well, there nought to be done about it now. We'll just have to make this a quality year for RCIA since the quantity is lacking. Next year will be better!

4 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Glad it went well for you Tim.

Tim said...

Ah, my faithful Esther!

Thank you!

~pen~ said...

oh my goodness - 50-75!! i would be dumbstruck! we had a lot last year - maybe about 15; this year the attendance is expected to be maybe half and i have just yesterday told my deacon that i will not be able to be a presenter; it's simply too much.

he did, however, request i be a sponsor of one of the candidates, to which i said "you bet!" and will still be able to go to the meetings and give my 2 cents (which is what he wanted). i just won't have to prepare for class.

please pray for me and i'll pray for you...

Tim said...

Will do, penni!