Sunday, September 03, 2006

Speaking about Morning Prayer...

The stone which the builders rejected
has become the corner stone.
This is the work of the Lord,
a marvel in our eyes.
This day was made by the Lord;
we rejoice and are glad.

O Lord, grant us salvation;
O Lord, grant success.
Blessed in the name of the Lord
is he who comes.
We bless you from the house of the Lord;
the Lord God is our light.

Go forward in procession with branches
even to the altar.
You are my God, I thank you.
My God, I praise you.
Give thanks to the Lord for he is good;
foe his love endures for ever.


Lord God, maker of heaven and earth, and of all created things, you make your just ones holy and you justify sinners who confess your name. Hear us as we humbly pray to you: give us eternal joy with your saints.


I will sprinkle clean water upon you to cleanse you from all your impurities, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. I will give you a new heart and place a new spirit within you, taking from your bodies your stony hearts and giving you natural hearts. I will put my spirit within you and make you live by my statutes, careful to observe my decrees.

1 comment:

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Hi there

Just stopping by your blog as I see you have the name of Michael Lynch for the 9/11 memorial. I was searching for his name on the 2996 site

Michael was my uncle's nephew. (uncle by marriage to my aunt). He was a firefighter with the NY Fire Dept. Here's a link to the website of a memorial foundation his family set up if you are interested. Michael Lynch Memorial Foundation

Thank you for remembering the victims. It's hard to believe that was 5 years ago and Katrina was one year ago.

God Bless~

ICL