Saturday, September 16, 2006

Remembrances: young Joshua- alert for Catholic moms, good stuff here.

Whilst blogging around Catholic Blogdom today I commented on two different blogs about wonderful memories I had of my third oldest son, Joshua, about 2 separate occasions of parental delight. I post them here, gentle reader, for your enjoyment.

When my 20 yo son. Josh, was about four I was on a tape recording binge for a couple of weeks. We were driving down the road one day with the recorder on:
Me: Do you love Jesus?
Josh: Yes.
Me: Why?
Josh: (pause) Because he loves me!!

He intuituively repeated the truth found in the scripture 1 John 4:19:
"We love him, because he first loved us."
I was astounded.

**************************************************

One day while in a grocery store young Joshua started belting out peals of laughter. Not because anything was funny but because he had just mastered the ability to laugh at will. I was in a grumpy mood and was trying to quiet him down when a man next to me said, "He's trying to make us laugh!"

Right then it dawned on me what a perfect gift this child of mine was demonstrating. I went from being grumpy to being proud.



That's my boy!

1 comment:

rhapsody said...

Great stories, Dad!

Thanks for sharing:)