Thursday, September 21, 2006

Speaking about Morning Prayer and friendship with God

.


.
Early this morning as I was waking up I spontaneously thanked the Holy Spirit for transforming me so that I can experience friendship with God. I used to be so far from that state and now it is the greatest blessing in my life.

How wonderful is the transformative power of God's Spirit of love. Love is not satisfied with us remaining in a broken state. His Spirit continuously works on us taking us from strength to strength, from glory to glory, to redeem and restore us.

Just think, gentle reader, we used to be enemies of God! And now we come close to him and share the intimate movings of our hearts. Or we should, if you aren't, then write me and I'll tell you how.


On to Morning Prayer:

You are my friends, says the Lord, if you do what I command you. Alleluia.


You are strangers and aliens no longer. No, you are fellow citizens of the saints and members of the household of God.


Praise be to you, Lord, for the cleansing power of baptism and penance that you have entrusted to your apostles,
-through which we are cleansed of our sins.


God of mercy,
you chose a tax collector, Saint Matthew,
to share the dignity of the apostles.
By his example and prayers
help us to follow Christ
and remain faithful in your service.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

Amen.

No comments: