Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Follow-up on the job front

Dog tired.



Man, this walking door to door is hard work. It's not too bad, actually. Today is the first day I've felt really tired. Got real thirsty, too. It was a bit warmer than yesterday.

I almost hit my interview quota today. Not bad for my first day going solo.

It's interesting to get varied opinions from the voters I contact throughout the day. Some people are real positive and a joy to talk to. Now, if only my co-workers weren't so vulgar. At my last job they had a policy of keeping conversation 'G' rated. I can feel the difference these days. Man, all they talk about is genitalia, homosexuality and other varied perversities.... Sheesh!

I am caught in the tension of not joining in and not being a prudish wet blanket. It does give me opportunity to interject quick prayers.

I got a call from a collections agency yesterday. They are interviewing all this week. I'm off Thursday and Friday so I'll go in then.

3 comments:

Fidei Defensor said...

one thing that I learned growing up Catholic was that whenver you hear somone take the Lord's name in your vain you should instantly pray silently "blessed be God." This should become both a force of habit, and a moment to express your love for God even in the face of insults being commited against him. (This is more diplomatic than slapping the person with the back of your hand and yelling BLASPHEMY! haha)

While at college I have picked up the bad habit of casual swearing, (I will address this in confession VERY soon) but taking the Lord's name in vain, is something which I could never do, and it is sad to see how casual some are about it.

EC Gefroh said...

My son taught me to not worry about what other people think. He doesn't think twice about correcting his friends when the take the Lord's name in vain. However, it was interesting to read what a decent man like yourself would do in a situation like that. It's difficult. I know I have a hard time correcting a friend who likes to shock me with some of her stories.
Anyway, Tim, try to get some rest. Hope you find a good job soon.

ukok said...

Glad things are going so well for you right now. Rest up and then get straight back to it, who knows but God how you can be used as a vessel through which He might work.

I know it's difficult to be around people who swear or take the Lord's name in vain, but I work in a presbytery and even the clergy are not immune, let me tell you!