Saturday, September 09, 2006

Speaking about Morning Prayer...

I left my prayer book at Mark's house last Sunday and haven't picked it up yet hence, no Liturgy of the Hours excerpts lately. Today at my Carmelite meeting someone gave me the One Volume version of the prayer book:

It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to make music to your name, O Most High,
to proclaim your love in the morning
and your truth in the watches of the night...

Your deeds, O Lord, have made me glad;
for the work of your hands I shout with joy.
O Lord, how great are your works!
How deep are your designs!
The foolish man cannot know this
and the fool cannot understand.


For I will sing the Lord's renouwn.
Oh, proclain the greatness of our God!
The Rock- how faultless are his deeds,
how right all his ways!
A faithful God, without deceit,
how just and upright he is!


Look on the needs of the saints as your own; be generous in offering hospitality. Bless your persecutors; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Have the same attitude toward all. Put away ambitious thoughts and associate wtih those who are lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation. Never repay injury with injury. See that your conduct is honorable in the eyes of all.

No comments: