Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ok, it's RCIA tonite

.
Well, I printed up a copy of Catholic Answers article on Common Catholic Prayers today for class tonight.

I'll make copies and distribute them to the open minds at RCIA. I realize this is the time to make an impression, when their minds are open. There is a window of opportunity here that may not exist for the rest of their lives. They are green and wide-eyed now, so I will strike while the pan is hot.



Pray, gentle reader, that the Lord will work upon their hearts and minds to make a lifelong impact on their souls. That they will be properly catechized especially in prayer during this season of RCIA.

This is a golden opportunity that I don't want to miss!

3 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Tim, I think your RCIA class is blessed to have you as their teacher. I have heard horror stories on what they actually teach in RCIA. It's a wonder anyone actually ever converts! I will be praying for you and your class.

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Try to focus on "what Catholis actually DO!" and answer their questions about gestures, etc.. I was an RCIA sponsor at least 6 times and they always seemed to miss things like that with all of the touchy/feely junk that they felt they had to do, "my mommy never brought me to church!". Answer questions! It's getting better now, but I've found that people in RCIA are usually good Christians, just uninformed about Catholic Tradition and don't want to feel stupid asking questions.

Anonymous said...

Read Christopher West's "Theology of the Body for Beginngers" and also his "Good News about Sex and Marriage" - your RCIA class will finally get it why the Church teaches against divorce, contraception, female ordination and living a homosexual lifestyle. Heck, I read it and it blew my mind!