Friday, September 22, 2006

speaking about Daytime Prayer...

Though princes oppress me without cause
I stand in awe of your word.
I take delight in your promise
like one who finds a treasure.

-The enemy, the prince of the power of the air, oppresses me- save me, O God, from those who are much more powerful than I, for I have none to help me but you.
I will place my hope in your word, your promises, which are a treasure to me.


The lovers of your law have great peace;
they never stumble.
I will await your saving help, O Lord,
I fulfill your commands.


- I love your law, O Lord, but I stumble and disturb my own peace. I am wayward and distraught, a leaf blown in the wind, you must save me from myself, put a new spirit within me, making me careful to obey your every precept.


How good and pleasant it is,
when brothers live in unity!

Pour out over your Church, Lord, the spirit of brotherly love and a longing for your peace. May this precious oil of the Holy Spirit flow over us to fill us with your gracious benediction.


I have said to the Lord: "You are my God."
Lord, hear the cry of my appeal!
Lord my God, my mighty help,
you shield my head in the battle.
Do not grant the wicked their desire
nor let their plots succeed.

-O save me in my distress, for I am surrounded by trouble and only you can help me. Hear my weakend voice calling out to you, save me from myself, my weaknesses and blindnesses and from my enemies, let the plots of the wicked spirits who seek my destruction, fail and may they be utterly dismayed. Only you, Creator of all, can possibly help me- come, O gentle Lord, to your child's aid.

No comments: